The Defensive Focus Shooting Program (powered by CFS) is an Intuitive shooting program designed to help the student be more Efficient with a defensive handgun in the context of a worse case scenario ambush-style attack.
- The course may cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
- Defensive Accuracy
- Lateral Motion
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
- The Critical Incident Reload
- Volume of Fire
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident.
- The Skill Development Cycle
- One Handed & Weak Handed Shooting
- Non-Diagnostic Linear Malfunction Clearing
- Shooting in Motion (When, How & Why)
This defensive handgun training course is not designed to make you the best shooter you can be on the range, rather its goal is to help you quickly develop fundamental skills that you can apply in a worst case scenario defensive shooting situation.
DFS is based on years of constantly evolving information about how the body works and what really happens during Dynamic Critical Incidents and has been heavily influenced by the diverse group of instructors that are certified to teach it and the thousands of students who have been through courses all around the world. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that the student will be able to utilize in the their own practice after the course in order to continue to develop their abilities.
Defensive Focus Shooting is offered in 1-day and 2-day options.
1-Day: $210 + range fee (discount for couples)
2-Day: $395 + range fee (discount for couples)
Students will fire between 900-1200 rounds during a 2-day course or 400-600 during a 1-day course.
See the Course Listing page to see upcoming courses and register.
- Defensive Handgun (semi-automatic recommended)
- Holster (OWB prefered)
- 3 magazines (minimum), mag holster optional but preferred
- 400 – 600 rounds (1-day course), 1000-1200 rounds (2-day course)
- Water and Snacks (Lunch is also recommended)